[SOLVED] Question about the resolution of these 2 monitors if someone could compare them

LAYZER

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013

I have used both these monitors on a few different games and I'm a bit confused at how the BenQ one plays older games like COD1 at a lower resolution than the Iiyama one? The Iiyama one allows me to play at 1600x1200 while the BenQ one only allows me to go up to 1280x1024, is there any obvious reason for this? I am quite clueless on monitors and display settings so just curious how people would compare the 2

Solution
It doesn't matter what the settings tell you. They are both 1080p monitors which for an lcd monitor they can't output a higher resolution. You can choose a different resolution and use hardware scaling to get a cheap anti aliasing affect. If you don't choose 1080p or 2160p then the text will be blurry.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
It doesn't matter what the settings tell you. They are both 1080p monitors which for an lcd monitor they can't output a higher resolution. You can choose a different resolution and use hardware scaling to get a cheap anti aliasing affect. If you don't choose 1080p or 2160p then the text will be blurry.

Last edited:
Solution