Shinobido

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
This is me first post, i appreciate all answers, can work 2x8gb single channel and 2x8gb dual channel? That's is 32gb in total functionally ?

Solution
This is me first post, i appreciate all answers, can work 2x8gb single channel and 2x8gb dual channel? That's is 32gb in total functionally ?
It depends on the motherboard, but most common motherboards would generally treat 4x8GB as dual channel. There are also triple and quad channel consumer boards that default to single channel if they are not populated with the needed number of sticks.

Are you considering using two different memory pairs on a board? If so, don't. They must all run the same speed, timing, voltage or they won't work at all.
Im kinda confused here,mainly because of ur bad english.
So i think ur asking if a KIT of 2x8gb's can work with 2 ram sticks bought individually?Short answer,very likely to work,if the sticks are the same.
a KIT of ram is when you buy lets say 2 ram sticks in the same packaging (something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-AORUS-Memory-3200MHz-GP-AR32C16S8K2HU416R/dp/B07M99LBDB ),and if u buy it like that its 100% guaranteed to work with each other,that is if u checked to see if the motherboard supports it.When u buy 'mixed' ram (when u buy the same stick of ram,but individually) its not 100% quaranteed to work since while they look the same,they might be slighty different.Thats why when u buy ram in KIT its 100% quaranteed to work with each other.Also never mix different ram (example: mixing corsair vengeance ram with lets say g skill trident z),they have to be exactly the same to even have a chance of working together,if not they will not work.Just try it,put all 4 ram sticks in ur motherboard and see if it recognizes all 4 sticks.

Reactions: Shinobido

RealBeast

Titan
It depends on the motherboard, but most common motherboards would generally treat 4x8GB as dual channel. There are also triple and quad channel consumer boards that default to single channel if they are not populated with the needed number of sticks.

Are you considering using two different memory pairs on a board? If so, don't. They must all run the same speed, timing, voltage or they won't work at all.

Reactions: Shinobido
Solution

Shinobido

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019

Tnx i appreciate ur explication , but i wrote wrong question Im spanish .. srry the question is if rams are single rank(2x8 "2400") or dual rank(2x8"2400") work together for go to 16gb "2400", and u can know if ram are single or dual rank ??

Shinobido

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
what it is 2x8 single channel?
are you mixing 3 different kit? if you can't even get the first 2x8 to run a dual channel. why are you adding another kit?
Tnx i appreciate ur explication , but i wrote wrong question Im spanish .. srry the question is if rams are single rank(2x8 "2400") or dual rank(2x8"2400") work together for go to 16gb "2400", and u can know if ram are single or dual rank ??

Shinobido

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
Im kinda confused here,mainly because of ur bad english.
So i think ur asking if a KIT of 2x8gb's can work with 2 ram sticks bought individually?Short answer,very likely to work,if the sticks are the same.
a KIT of ram is when you buy lets say 2 ram sticks in the same packaging (something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-AORUS-Memory-3200MHz-GP-AR32C16S8K2HU416R/dp/B07M99LBDB ),and if u buy it like that its 100% guaranteed to work with each other,that is if u checked to see if the motherboard supports it.When u buy 'mixed' ram (when u buy the same stick of ram,but individually) its not 100% quaranteed to work since while they look the same,they might be slighty different.Thats why when u buy ram in KIT its 100% quaranteed to work with each other.Also never mix different ram (example: mixing corsair vengeance ram with lets say g skill trident z),they have to be exactly the same to even have a chance of working together,if not they will not work.Just try it,put all 4 ram sticks in ur motherboard and see if it recognizes all 4 sticks.

RealBeast

Titan
Okay, now I understand. They may or may not, memory is best purchased in a single kit for all of it. If you have to mix them, the more similar the better.