Build Advice Question with new build

Bigj73nsb

Honorable
Sep 10, 2014
Ok, I have a new build I'm fixing to put together, all the parts are pretty much here. The build is....
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E MOBO
Intel Core i7-9700K CPU
Corsair H100i Platinum AIO
EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GPU
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4266 RAM
Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB
SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 1TB SATA III
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GT, 80 Plus Gold 650W PSU
Segotep ARGUS ATX Black Mid Tower

Anyway first off my case has 3 RGB case fans, then there is the ones on my AIO. My question is, will I be able to plug all these RGB fans into my MOBO, or will I have to buy a RGB Fan controller hub also?? Also note that the case fans do have 4pin plugs and small little 2pin RGB plugs, that I assume, and they are all capable of plugging into the back of each other. Can these be all plugged into single fan and RGB headers??

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
No immediate answer.

There may be some level of support but details matter with respect to hardware, software/drivers, and configuration.

Details matter.

The guiding document is the motherboard's User Guide/Manual alone with the corresponding guides/manuals for all installed components.

Especially when dealing with varying plugs and pins. I.e., there may be a physical fit either directly or via some adapter or proprietary plug. However, if the pins are not properly matched then there will be problems.

Read the documentation: plan out the RGB connections as you understand them to be.

Post accordingly and address any specific questions or concerns.

Bigj73nsb

Honorable
Sep 10, 2014
No immediate answer.

There may be some level of support but details matter with respect to hardware, software/drivers, and configuration.

Details matter.

The guiding document is the motherboard's User Guide/Manual alone with the corresponding guides/manuals for all installed components.

Especially when dealing with varying plugs and pins. I.e., there may be a physical fit either directly or via some adapter or proprietary plug. However, if the pins are not properly matched then there will be problems.

Read the documentation: plan out the RGB connections as you understand them to be.

Post accordingly and address any specific questions or concerns.
I gave enough details for a response for fellow peers, ( Case and MOBO), which should be all that is needed for the question posted! My apologies for posting this thread, but I been working 100 plus hours a week and have first day off in 3 weeks and want to try to get this build together in that day, so I posted this thread, because it's been like 8 years since my last build and obviously due to lack of time from work, I don't have much time for research, plust this is my first RGB build. My next question is, why is there a moderator flagging this, which should be a simple thread???

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
No apologies necessary.

My suggestion:

Simplify.

Set the cosmetics (RGB etc.) aside and get the build up and running sans RGB.

For the most part, as I understand it all, RGB is still narrowing down to some fixed set of standards. RGB, in my mind for the time being, is not "a simple thread".

Therefore, without time off from work etc., forego/set aside the "whistles and bells" until you have time and the energy to delve into the necessary requirements.

That all said; your post was not "flagged" per se. I (speaking only for myself) routinely request system/build specs.

Why: because details do matter so knowing about the build, specs, environment, configuration, etc. is important. Sometimes the problem(s) only require some driver update. Sometimes just a clarification about the components, software, or configuration will lead to an answer or solution.

Hopefully, someone else reading your post can provide a direct answer. Or otherwise correct some error of omission or commission on my part. I have no problem with that.

Never let form get in the way of function.

Reactions: Phaaze88

Bigj73nsb

Honorable
Sep 10, 2014
No apologies necessary.

My suggestion:

Simplify.

Set the cosmetics (RGB etc.) aside and get the build up and running sans RGB.

For the most part, as I understand it all, RGB is still narrowing down to some fixed set of standards. RGB, in my mind for the time being, is not "a simple thread".

Therefore, without time off from work etc., forego/set aside the "whistles and bells" until you have time and the energy to delve into the necessary requirements.

That all said; your post was not "flagged" per se. I (speaking only for myself) routinely request system/build specs.

Why: because details do matter so knowing about the build, specs, environment, configuration, etc. is important. Sometimes the problem(s) only require some driver update. Sometimes just a clarification about the components, software, or configuration will lead to an answer or solution.

Hopefully, someone else reading your post can provide a direct answer. Or otherwise correct some error of omission or commission on my part. I have no problem with that.

Never let form get in the way of function.
Ok my bad, I appreciate your insight and apologize for my frustration in this, which there is more!!! But That's another thread I am fixing to open lol. Anyway I figured that for what question I asked that the mobo and case would be enough, but I am understanding what you are coming from though now, being different RGBs have different leads and what not. Anyway thany your for your time sir, and again apologies for venting a little frustrations here, your didn't deserve