Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

i know this isnt a hp group. but i bought a used hp from a lady, it has a intel
celeron 902 or 900 mhz. can this be upgraded to a intel pentium 3? if so how
far?

Michael, If you have a subject line that reflects the issue at hand then
you are likely to get far better results in a newsgroup. "question", and
similar subject lines are simply ignored by so many.

"Thomas G. Marshall" <tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com>
wrote in message news:pPhfc.58099$QQ6.17071@nwrdny02.gnilink.net...

> Michael, If you have a subject line that reflects the issue at hand then
> you are likely to get far better results in a newsgroup. "question", and
> similar subject lines are simply ignored by so many.

<snip>

And even though this is a Dell group, he would further help himself by
posting the HP name and model number. That box could have an 815 or 810
chipset and the differences matter....

Stew

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

> Michael, If you have a subject line that reflects the issue at hand then
> you are likely to get far better results in a newsgroup. "question", and
> similar subject lines are simply ignored by so many.

How's the new 8300? What's now happened to the PII/300? Enjoying the
increase in power? What are you doing now on the 8300 that you wished
you could do on the PII?

Buck

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

<snip>

> The PII/300 is behind me devoid of its HD----That's temporarily transplanted
> into the 8300. It's sitting behind me with a cartoon "X" in it's led.
> It'll probably go to my parent in-laws: they are struggling with a
> PI/166/Win95. Yikes!
>
> To be honest, I'm still emotionally attached to the thing somehow.

Tell me about it! My PI 200 is sitting in the corner, gathering dust.
It's HD has been transplanted into my 2.2 Celery, and it needs a
monitor, but I just can't bear to throw it away!

Buck.

My cherished Dimension XPS M200s - with a PMMX 200 MHz processor - is
sitting at the bottom of a closet. I can't bear to part with it, since it
was the first computer I ever owned. Never once did it fail me.

Rocky