Question Question?!

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
So i got this 440 NZXT case from a friend of mine, and it had a 3 fans infront and 1 fan in the back, the one in the back is like 140mm and the front ones is like 120 i suppose?
I was wondering how am i going to power them up if i only have two fan headers on my motherboard? not including the CPU cooler one.
It has a fan controller or something on the back? but how do i connect it or where to connect it? and does that case comes with pre applied motherboard stand offs?
And is cable management easy in it?

WildCard999

Titan
The fans on the H440 plug into the fan controller then there's a cable that will connect to a fan header on the motherboard. There should also be a connection on the fan hub for a SATA Power Molex connection to power all the fans.

Last edited:
You can split the fans and run more than one per header.

Just make sure the total amperage of the fans doesn't exceed the capacity of the header....which many times is 1 amp.

So generally you can put 2-3 fans on a header.

I'm not sure about the standoffs.

....and as far as cable management....I would just do the best I could.

Lutfij

Titan
The last time I checked the case comes with a few stand offs pre installed, the ones where they are like pegs to hold the board in place. The rest of the stand offs should be in a plastic baggy. The H440 has good cablemanagement in it but you're going to have to put your effort into it. About the fan hub, you're going to have to plug one end to the CPU fan header and the the other fans(including the CPU) onto the fan hub. Read here for more info.
NZXT-Noctis-450-Interior-Fan-Controller.jpg

The white fan header accepts the CPU fan or a fan that will act as the signal source for all the fans.

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
So i took a quick look, only problem is i have a 212 evo for my CPU cooler, and i have 2 fans in the current case, and the rest of the fans in the other case.
If i connected the CPU cooler to the white port on the controller what about the rest of the fans will they work just fine or what?

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Sorry but none of the replies you people gave me helped.
I have a different looking fan hub on the back of my case, and i have a smaller one that is in top right of the back of the case and it is already connected with two wires.
One of the wires is going to an LED and the other is going to a fan header or something and a molex.
I