Questions about a Gaming build

turboto1998

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I am planning to make a gaming build and i have some questions. He is my build:

GIGABYTE Z87X-D3H
INTEL CORE i7-4770K
KINGSTON 8GB DDR III HyperX (I will buy a second one in future)
GIGABYTE GTX780 (3gb)
COOLER MASTER GX 750W
WD 1024GB 64MB SATA III Black
SAMSUNG 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 840 Evo

1 - About the motherboard. Could it handle 2x GTX780 sli?
2 - How much is the recommended overclock amount with H100i?
3 - Will the PSU be enough?
4 - Will i be able to put the same RAM if i buy a second one in future?

Thank you in advance! :)

Solution
1) Yes it can handle 2 x 780 SLI
2) You can usually get somewhere in the mid 4ghz region (like 4.4, 4.5, 4.6) but each cpu is a little different.
3) The 750 *might* do it, but you'd be too close for comfort. Use an 850w or higher PSU to be sure.
4) I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. But I think you want to know if you can add another ram kit. 8gb of ram will be plenty for gaming for the life of the system. Don't buy a single stick of ram. Buy a kit of two sticks of ram, each stick is 4gb.... so 2 x 4gb = 8gb total ram. Your cpu wants to use dual-channel ram and to use dual-channel ram you must use the ram sticks in pairs. So buy a 2 x 4gb ram kit for a total of 8gb of ram. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

larkspur

Distinguished
1) Yes it can handle 2 x 780 SLI
2) You can usually get somewhere in the mid 4ghz region (like 4.4, 4.5, 4.6) but each cpu is a little different.
3) The 750 *might* do it, but you'd be too close for comfort. Use an 850w or higher PSU to be sure.
4) I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. But I think you want to know if you can add another ram kit. 8gb of ram will be plenty for gaming for the life of the system. Don't buy a single stick of ram. Buy a kit of two sticks of ram, each stick is 4gb.... so 2 x 4gb = 8gb total ram. Your cpu wants to use dual-channel ram and to use dual-channel ram you must use the ram sticks in pairs. So buy a 2 x 4gb ram kit for a total of 8gb of ram. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

Solution

turboto1998

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

Thank you very much larkspur! I really appreciate the fast answer! It answers all my questions. I will buy a 850W PSU and a 2x4 gb RAM kit.