[SOLVED] Questions about my overclocked 9600K

Sep 17, 2020
Hello! So I managed to overclock my 9600k to 4.9 GHz! I was hoping to hit 5.0, but it's whatever... I was wondering if my core voltage is too high? It's at 1.43V right now full load. My idle temps are around 32-36 degrees Celsius and my full load is around 70-73 degrees Celsius. I didn't touch AVX offset cause I have no idea what it does. Thoughts?

Build:
MB: MSI Z390-A PRO
CPU: i5 9600K
Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B
GPU: NVIDIA 2060 Super
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 2x16
PSU: Corsair RM 750W

Solution
Setzin,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

What is your ambient (room) temperature?

Please be more specific concerning "full load" or "100% load"; exactly what software / test(s) are you referring to?

At the top of our Forums you'll see "Sticky Threads" which are information resources that are permanently "stuck" in place so they're always available for everyone's benefit. At the top of the CPUs Forum, where you posted your Thread, is the Intel CPU Temperature Guide 2020, which contains the answers you seek.

We encourage our Members to check the Stickies before posting, as they can often save you time searching for answers which may sometimes come from questionable sources who are somewhat...

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Setzin,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

What is your ambient (room) temperature?

Please be more specific concerning "full load" or "100% load"; exactly what software / test(s) are you referring to?

At the top of our Forums you'll see "Sticky Threads" which are information resources that are permanently "stuck" in place so they're always available for everyone's benefit. At the top of the CPUs Forum, where you posted your Thread, is the Intel CPU Temperature Guide 2020, which contains the answers you seek.

We encourage our Members to check the Stickies before posting, as they can often save you time searching for answers which may sometimes come from questionable sources who are somewhat less than well informed. Read the entire Guide for your greatest benefit. The Sections which pertain to your questions are in:

Section 7 - Specifications and Temperature
Section 8 - Overclocking and Voltage
Section 11 - Thermal Test Basics

Core voltages above 1.40 are not recommended. Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended. Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

Solution

TRENDING THREADS