Questions about the cpu(Ryzen2700x)

Mar 10, 2018
My temps on the cpu are 90c+
I was qondering if those are safe temps for the cpu. My cpu is not Oc btw its all stock, im also using the stock fan that it comes with.

Mar 10, 2018

the cpu fan is actually working its spinning and everything, I build this pc today, could it be that i didnt put enough thermal paste? I put a pea sized dollop i think it is firmly settled on the cpu

Mar 10, 2018

So on cpuz the voltage is 1.2 ill check the cpu cooler

Mar 10, 2018

I went into the bios and changed the fan speed and put them to max, surprisingly quiet and my tems went do wnto 70c is that good?

Mar 10, 2018

Yes, I did use my own thermal paste, I removed the original paste the cooler came with, my temps are now at 70c stable after increasing the fan speed.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
70c is well within the safe range.

If you care to re-apply thermal paste(oh bother!)… you could get some Grizzly Kryonaut. It's the best paste available. Averages around $10 - $15 for 1g & is easily available on newegg, amazon, ebay, etc.... I use it everything(cpu's, gpu's, console systems). If only I could apply it to my car :p

Mar 10, 2018

what cpu temp checkers do you all use?

Mar 10, 2018

So, I feel kind of dumb but i resolved the issue, on the stock cooler there is a lever that I have to flip to the opposite side and it needed quite a bit of force. I didn't do this at first because I thought if i tried to flip it to the opposite side I would break it, but that was not the case and now the cooler is locked in place. Forgive me for my failure.