[SOLVED] Questions regarding Lian Ali O11 Dynamic

skeletorbro

Distinguished
May 17, 2012
So I have been eyeing this case as a potential case to house my next build and had a few questions I hope owners of the case could answer.

1. How are temps in this case compared to it's more "traditional" air flow counterparts? That is to say, a case with a mesh grill with fans pointed straight to the CPU/GPU. I do plan on using an AIO for my cpu with this build so I'm not sure if that changes anything.

2. Similarly, how is noise in this case? I'd expect it would depend on whatever fans you use but I am hard press to find any reviews online that measure noise with all 9 fans installed.

3. How is cable management?

I know for the first two, they are dependent on what fans you are using and how many. For fans, I am thinking about using 6 corsair QL fans for the side and bottom intake and my radiator will be a Lian Li Galahad.

Solution
Have the 011D XL white. For me this is perfect case and not any regreets paying more for this. Case looks and performs great they really did fantastic job with details making its so good. I go with XL because I wanted space for radiator on bottom and want vertical gpu mount. Ended up going with water cool loop and lots of rgb. Always wanted to and been building pc's for the very long time so this was very fun to build. Tend to keep cases around for a very long time so buying best one I like was important for me. Should be able to use this for future builds.

Case vents surprising well. Gamers Nexus did comparison to other mesh case and 011 did as well or better. Even though it glass 2 sides air flow in uninterrupt thru case...

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Have the 011D XL white. For me this is perfect case and not any regreets paying more for this. Case looks and performs great they really did fantastic job with details making its so good. I go with XL because I wanted space for radiator on bottom and want vertical gpu mount. Ended up going with water cool loop and lots of rgb. Always wanted to and been building pc's for the very long time so this was very fun to build. Tend to keep cases around for a very long time so buying best one I like was important for me. Should be able to use this for future builds.

Case vents surprising well. Gamers Nexus did comparison to other mesh case and 011 did as well or better. Even though it glass 2 sides air flow in uninterrupt thru case its completely open. Probably why air flow so good.

Like you mention noise would depend on fans and rpms. Install 6 LL120 at bottom and top. Adjust fan curve to try and make it silent at watching youtube or internet but ramp up to play games. This worked very well. There is only slight noise very quiet. Fans aren't the best for quiet I know maybe noctua is but I want the argb so willing to comprimise performances. And this did exactly what I hope for. What I discover making the fan curves is there diminishing returns on fan speed. Max speeds do not equal improve performance. At 2500 rpm fans mostly dont cool better but make lots of noise. At around 1800 rpm deliver best max air flow so I se that to top of curve. Bottom is around 1100 rpm. CPU and GPU just love to run hot I needed to adjust to this. Found if I turn fan speeds even lower that ambient temps in system would rise just a little. So I think I find right spot for lowest rpms.

Cable management is excellent far better than I expect. It is very enjoyable to build in this case due to cable management. Its just very easy.

Wishing I had bought at lease 3 QL fans for bottom of case. Using LL the rgb points down. Can still see but QL would have worked better. Corsair does make very nice fans and they do nice job. It the heavy price we pay for these that make me not want give the 5 stars so expensive. If want go air or AIO it very good case with lots of options and locations. XL has location for 120mm at back for air that helps if you mount gpu in traditional way they tend to block airflow and fan in rear help with that. Case is so easy to take apart just 2 thumb screws to take off top then all side panels can slide up for removale.

Last edited:
Solution

skeletorbro

Distinguished
May 17, 2012

Case vents surprising well. Gamers Nexus did comparison to other mesh case and 011 did as well or better. Even though it glass 2 sides air flow in uninterrupt thru case its completely open. Probably why air flow so good.

Like you mention noise would depend on fans and rpms. Install 6 LL120 at bottom and top. Adjust fan curve to try and make it silent at watching youtube or internet but ramp up to play games. This worked very well. There is only slight noise very quiet. Fans aren't the best for quiet I know maybe noctua is but I want the argb so willing to comprimise performances. And this did exactly what I hope for. What I discover making the fan curves is there diminishing returns on fan speed. Max speeds do not equal improve performance. At 2500 rpm fans mostly dont cool better but make lots of noise. At around 1800 rpm deliver best max air flow so I se that to top of curve. Bottom is around 1100 rpm. CPU and GPU just love to run hot I needed to adjust to this. Found if I turn fan speeds even lower that ambient temps in system would rise just a little. So I think I find right spot for lowest rpms.

Cable management is excellent far better than I expect. It is very enjoyable to build in this case due to cable management. Its just very easy.

Wishing I had bought at lease 3 QL fans for bottom of case. Using LL the rgb points down. Can still see but QL would have worked better. Corsair does make very nice fans and they do nice job. It the heavy price we pay for these that make me not want give the 5 stars so expensive. If want go air or AIO it very good case with lots of options and locations. XL has location for 120mm at back for air that helps if you mount gpu in traditional way they tend to block airflow and fan in rear help with that. Case is so easy to take apart just 2 thumb screws to take off top then all side panels can slide up for removale.

Thanks for the detailed response! I have watched the GN video since posting this as well as read/watch some other reviews and this case seems like it still performs great even without having a traditional front mesh intake. Also, I think the XL suits my needs better. While it is a bit more expensive, I think the additional space and exhaust fan will help in the long run.

TRENDING THREADS