Question Questions regarding power consumption ?

Aug 27, 2020
Dear Readers,

Click calculate to find the energy consumption of a desktop computer using 100 Watts for 6 hours a day @ $0.10 per kWh.

For a 700W power supply, this is what I got.

Cost Per Hour: 0.0700
Cost Per Day: 1.68
Cost Per Month: 51.11
Cost Per Year: 613.27
kWh Per Day: 16.8

So, am I spending $51.11 / month to keep my desktop PC with 700W power supply running ?

This number $51/month and $613 / year sounds ridiculous, your thoughts. Has anyone measured this to exact detail ?

The link used to calculate: http://energyusecalculator.com/electricity_computer.htm

What's your thought ?

I haven't checked Youtube to see if anyone exactly measured this aspect of the PC.

Aug 27, 2020
For running this desktop PC 24x7 for whole year, I will be spending $613 in one year and in two years it would be more than cost of the PC : $1226 and so on. Ain't that little crazy guys ?

For running this desktop PC 24x7 for whole year, I will be spending $613 in one year and in two years it would be more than cost of the PC : $1226 and so on. Ain't that little crazy guys ?
Max rated power of PSU is not important and of almost no consequence save for it's efficiency rating. If your device uses for instance 100W (it changes with load, your PSU will only deliver and use 100W + it's inefficiency part, maybe let's say 105W.
As power used varies with load best way to find out you spending of power would be to get a watt meter which holds the values, use your computer normally for a month and see what you get.

Aug 27, 2020
Status update: Guys, I found a laptop with low power consumption which support 128GB of RAM ( Shocking - it is RAM NOT Storage Drive ) which can be used for home networking and Virtualization.

and the laptop is : DELL 7750 workstation.

Unfortunately it DOES NOT SUPPORT VMWARE, EVEN PROXMOX could not be installed but Redhat KVM virtuals working fine. Too bad, VMWARE do not make a personal edition software ESXI. All VMware supported hardware are high power consumption hardware.