Quick Launch Toolbar

Hi,

Does anybody know where the setting to display/not display the quick launch
toolbar is within the registry. I am intrigued because it must be there
somewhere but i am unable to find it.

Many thanks

Right click the task bar, select properties and on the TaskBar tab enable
"Show Quick Launch".

"Freemo" <Freemo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know where the setting to display/not display the quick
> launch
> toolbar is within the registry. I am intrigued because it must be there
> somewhere but i am unable to find it.
>
> Many thanks

Try right clicking on the tool bar and select Tool Bars,
Click - Quick Launch - to add or delete the check mark.

"Freemo" <Freemo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know where the setting to display/not display the quick
> launch
> toolbar is within the registry. I am intrigued because it must be there
> somewhere but i am unable to find it.
>
> Many thanks

It should be well obscured.
Try exporting the Registry, making the change, exporting again and
comparing the two exports.

....Alan
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 08:39:02 -0700, Freemo
<Freemo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anybody know where the setting to display/not display the quick launch
>toolbar is within the registry. I am intrigued because it must be there
>somewhere but i am unable to find it.
>
>Many thanks

Freemo,

Look for the TaskbarWinXP registry value:
http://www.google.com/search?q=taskbarwinxp

Note that this value is read at startup, and written at logoff.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User