ReverendGadgetBoy

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I got my PowerTogether copy of Vista a few weeks ago, and although it doesn't seem to be effective, ReadyBoost intrigues me. I have a couple old flash drives laying around that I don't use for anything, but Vista limits you to one ReadyBoost cache. I wanna know if theres any way to "combine" the two drives, so Vista sees it as one drive, with double the capacity allowing more ReadyBoost. Basically I wanna RAID 0 my flash drives.

Is this possible? And if so how do I do it?

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
It is possible, but it wont fool Vista... not yet anyway. It's going to look physical addressing on the memory you add to it. So it wont look across the raid, just one physical device.

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
It's not possible anywhere other than Vista! The question specifically referred to ReadyBoost!

(yes, I know it's possible to RAID them).

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
>narcissistic

I don't think that word means what you think it means! :D

Humm...having last words, thinks they are always right without deviations, inflated idea of own importance to the topic, explanation marks.......nope I think I got that dead on. Or is mkaibear a new synonym we are unaware of and should us it in proper manner instead?

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
>explanation marks

eh? What are explanation marks?

>having last words

I reserve the right to "have last words" when you are talking rubbish. Like claiming that you can RAID two flash drives together and use them in Readyboost under an OS which isn't Vista.