Question Quick qestion - how to make Raid back?

HAMMERSAS

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015
Hi guys, so im building now new pc, and will put in my two 1tb hdd from old pc (which now broken) and want to make Raid back. Dont know there was Raid 0 or Raid 1. Can someone please link some good video where people making raid with two hdd. In those two hdd was photos, movies, pictures and so on, all information except Win (windows was in separate m.2 sssd). Im not understand about Raid's (Didn't build myself that pc) so don't know or i can reach that information without making raid back.
Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi guys, so im building now new pc, and will put in my two 1tb hdd from old pc (which now broken) and want to make Raid back. Dont know there was Raid 0 or Raid 1. Can someone please link some good video where people making raid with two hdd. In those two hdd was photos, movies, pictures and so on, all information except Win (windows was in separate m.2 sssd). Im not understand about Raid's (Didn't build myself that pc) so don't know or i can reach that information without making raid back.
Thanks.
You don't know what type of RAID array.
You don't know how it was controlled.
You don't know why it existed.
The PC it was in is now broken.
You don't have a backup of the data.

Recovering this is not something you can just learn from a video.

Reactions: Lutfij

HAMMERSAS

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015
Old pc got some liquid on it, its not water, but shop who fixing pc's not taking to fix it because its not like normal water, more like oil or between water and oil, its not dry when u leave parts in warm place... But its not about old pc. It was builded 6years ago with m.2 ssd raid (2x 256gb there is windows 10was) and 2x 1tb hdd raid's. After it was builded i never touch that hdd raid but maybe 5 or more times i did back raid on m.2 ssd, because when u unplug pc from outled then raid on m.2 disappearing because of batery on motherboard which was old, and raid resets. Its never happen with 1tb hhd's only with m.2 raid and i always have video how to quickly make raid back and pc works like nothing was happen before. Thats why im looking for a video how to make back Raid on hdd and not loose any information on it...

HAMMERSAS

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015
It was x2 m.2 ssd. One raid was with this two m.2
And another raid with x2 other's hhd's. But they didnt was connected somehow between. M.2 raid have windows, other raid have the rest information, videos, pictures and so on.

USAFRet

Titan
It was x2 m.2 ssd. One raid was with this two m.2
And another raid with x2 other's hhd's. But they didnt was connected somehow between. M.2 raid have windows, other raid have the rest information, videos, pictures and so on.
Not to be cruel or anything, but whoever put that together was an idiot.

Is there any life changing data in that HDD RAID thing?
Like, if it is lost you'd lose your job or spouse?

And the RAID thing with Windows and the M.2 drives...that will not last going into the new PC.
Your new system will need a fresh OS install. And please, withOUT the RAID this time.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

HAMMERSAS

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015
I understand about old pc, i cant just put everything back and run it, its broken and if i teling whats happen, nobody wants to try it to fix it because of that liquid, they don't want to broke there own pc. If it was so simple to put everything back on it i just simple download everything in to usd flash and thats it. They was connected in raid so together they are 2gb but al my files that photos videos amd so on taking maybe only 100gb that it, but u know its everything collect like from the last 15 or so years, thats why im trying to restore. Its nothing happen with this two hhd because was no liquid on it, but that x2. M.2 ssds have liquid so im not trying to save them or so, they will go in bin latter... On new pc i will put One m.2 1tb thats it, just want back my info from those hdd...

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah sorry there was 2tb not gb.
Can u explain more about backup, or back up just mean to keep always information in to usb-key and thats it.
A backup is what you do before the BadThing happens.

While a flash drive can be a 'backup', that is a really crappy method.

But really, a backup is a second or third copy of your data, off on some other drive.
That way, when BadThings happen, your data is safe elsewhere.

HAMMERSAS

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015
A backup is what you do before the BadThing happens.

While a flash drive can be a 'backup', that is a really crappy method.

But really, a backup is a second or third copy of your data, off on some other drive.
That way, when BadThings happen, your data is safe elsewhere.

Thanks for all answers. Will try to save info from time to time later on.

HAMMERSAS

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015
I will try this freeraidrecovery website, but maybe u can explain what i should do at the begining, i mean when i build new Pc i should straight connect this two hdd and after i install win in that 1tb M.2 then i should start freeraidrecovery software. Or i should build pc, write windows and when i finish to instal all drivers (sound, graphic) then i should plug in those two hdd and try recovery?

USAFRet

Titan
I will try this freeraidrecovery website, but maybe u can explain what i should do at the begining, i mean when i build new Pc i should straight connect this two hdd and after i install win in that 1tb M.2 then i should start freeraidrecovery software. Or i should build pc, write windows and when i finish to instal all drivers (sound, graphic) then i should plug in those two hdd and try recovery?
Get the system running first.
Then attempt any recovery on that RAID 0.