Question Quick question about itel's 13/14th gen dilemma

Geoff Leven

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2013
I have definitely experienced in the past many many crashes and errors due to the failure problems of these CPU's. But I also want to ask the question would the same problem be possibly causing nVidia drivers to fail installing?

Last time I tried to update to nVidia's latest driver - 556.12, it just would not install. It would have failed atleast a dozen times. So I tried to go back to the previous driver which also failed a number of times, until it finally didn't.

Updating to the Latest BIOS and applying some CPU settings in the BIOS has helped with the crashes. Crashes have been very few since, but those changes were already in place while I was drying to update the nVidia driver which failed so many times.

Anyone else have similar issues with nVidia drivers?

Lutfij

Titan
But I also want to ask the question would the same problem be possibly causing nVidia drivers to fail installing?
If you're not seeing the issue present itself on a donor platform with the same exact same specs or a similar system with your GPU dropped into it then it's possible. This is assuming the rest of your build is stable.

You might want to use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command.