quiet 92 mm fan?

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
im going to change fan on my cooler . im thinking about getting
Noctua NF-B9 92mm 1200-1600 rpm or Noctua NF-B9 redux-1600 92mm 350-1600 rpm

im also thinking about nanoxia deep silence 400-1400 pwm or the noiseblocker black silent 3 pin 1300 rpm.

should i stick to noctua they are usually silent. or is nanoxia or noiseblocket more quiet? thanks

At equal RPMs, there are no fans that I'm aware of, for consumer PC cooling, that are quieter decibel for decibel, than Noctua. Thermalright (NOT Thermaltake) makes very good fans as well, but they are not as quiet, plus they don't make a 92mm fan.

IF, I needed a 92mm fan, there would be no choice for me other than this one, if a PWM fan is desired.

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a9-pwm

Or this one, if you require a 3 pin voltage controlled fan.

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a9-flx

If however those are more than you wish to spend, the BeQuiet silent wings 92mm is decent. Noiseblocker makes superb products as well, but for the price I believe Noctua to be the superior product. It might depend on where you live too. There are some regions where Noiseblocker fans are more readily available than Noctua, and thus, cheaper.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
i agree with you noctua is the best, the nanoxia Deep silence seem to have real good Reviews though and goes up to only 1400 rpm which is enough to cool my cpu. maybe the noctua will be quiet at 1600 rpm to but not sure.

Nanoxia is like BeQuiet. The only reason they HAVE such low maximum decibel numbers is because they limit the maximum RPMs to a low enough speed to keep them from making much or any noise. That is why I say "At EQUAL RPMs, Noctua is superior". I have yet to find another fan manufacturer that can not only offer a fan that is as quiet at the same speed, for the same fan size, as Noctua, but that can also offer the same CFMs at a given RPM while KEEPING those low decibel numbers.

In reality, as compared to your basic run of the mill fans, any of the high end Noctua, Thermalright, Corsair, Cougar, Deepcool, Aerocool, Scythe, Blacknoise, Nanoxia, Fractal design or Phanteks fans will be at least decent, and most of them are pretty good, but none match Noctua overall.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
that is true, you want airflow to. right now i got a xilence l402 cooler with fan that was quiet in Another system but in this one it gets to loud under load so i want to limit the max rpm to around 1400/1600 something. so right now the choice is between the nanoxia or the noctua 1200/1600 pwm . i guess either one of em will be ok for this.

Then Nanoxia Deep silence ultra quiet 92mm fan at full 12v has only 23.6 CFM and 13.7db at 1.87mm H20 static pressure.

The Noctua NF-A9 PWM has 46 CFM, which is double the airflow, at 22.8db which is mostly inaudible inside a case, at 2.28mm H20 static pressure, about 30% more static pressure, which aside from the CFM is very important if you are trying to push air through a restriction like a heatsink or radiator.

Comparing these two fans, for the purpose of a CPU cooler or intake fan, there is no comparison at all.