Quiet case for midrange gaming system (fractal r3 or P183).

flashfir

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
I've done some research at silentpc and right now Im looking for a quiet case (doesn't have to be dead silent but I want to see the "different levels" of quiet I get for different price ranges)

Right now I'm leaning towards fractal design r3 or antecs p183.
It seems that the p183 is "built nicer" and it's construction on the whole is "better more solid" feeling based on opinions I read online.

However I want to make a solid decision rather than one made on preference.

Thanks for your help

Hi,
The Antec P183 case is outdated. Until the Antec P280 comes out this fall, the Fractal Design R3 is your best bet. It is quiet. If extra cooling is required, a total seven fan slots are available. I prefer the Fractal Design XL's size, but the cooling performance is inferior. I would also note that Fractal Design has a USB 3.0 upgrade kit. On top of everything, it is ~$50 cheaper! :sol:

Hi,
The Antec P183 case is outdated. Until the Antec P280 comes out this fall, the Fractal Design R3 is your best bet. It is quiet. If extra cooling is required, a total seven fan slots are available. I prefer the Fractal Design XL's size, but the cooling performance is inferior. I would also note that Fractal Design has a USB 3.0 upgrade kit. On top of everything, it is ~$50 cheaper! :sol: