Question TUF GAMING B550 PLUS (WI-FI) Frozen on boot TUF splash screen, persistent green light, no ability to go into Bios

rreluzco

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Let me preface. For the last several months my PC would arbitrarily freeze in mid use (any scenario, GAMING or surfing) requiring hard reboot, holding down the power key and that would do it, but occasionally having to do it twice. I assumed maybe my ssd nvme was on it's way out. So, same happened today only this time I am getting the aforementioned issue. Mind you in every instance, everything is lit and running. Fans. CPU pump, GPU, RAM, cycle lights at the start (then stops at green, the boot one)

Steps:

• Disconnected /reconnected GPU, nvme SSD, ram, power connectors
  • Swapped out mouse and keyboard, tested them on another PC and they work.
  • Tried with one stick of ram, then two, then three. Then fourth. Moved them to different spots.
  • Swapped out GPU with an older one
  • Removed the nvme, replaced with a brand new one
  • Removed the nvme altogether and left empty
  • Removed the cmos battery, waited 20 minutes
  • Shorted the pins

All this and absolutely zero effect, same issue as if I did nothing. Everything continues to light up. All components have RGB and all run. GPU, case fans, cooler, ram, as if all is good.

I'm at my wits end, what am I missing? Of course Mobo warranty expired 3 mo ago...

Windows 11

AMD RYZEN 9/ 5900X 12 CORE

Samsung 980 PRO 2TB (Old)

Samsung 990 PRO 4TB (new but empty)

ASUS TUF RTX 3080 12GB

CORSAIR iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT, l

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3600 64GB

I've never flashed or updated my BIOS except for when I bought it as I had to for AMD CPU compatibility reasons as per mgr. It was done by inserting a USB in the back and updated without actually turning anything on, just plugged in.

I have not removed and reinstalled the CPU. Honestly I'm sick of this all and just don't know what to do. My fear is I'm going to have to buy a new motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated

P.S. attempted to flash the bios with everything off (just plugged in) using the bios USB port (like I did when I first bought it) only this time it didn't take. Tried with 2 other usb drives and nothing. When I bought it and did this, the light blinked for a good while, then stopped. This time it was 1 blink and and done. The consensus is that if it does that it probably didn't take. Either way the same result, zero

Last edited:
Let me preface. For the last several months my PC would arbitrarily freeze in mid use (any scenario, GAMING or surfing) requiring hard reboot, holding down the power key and that would do it, but occasionally having to do it twice. I assumed maybe my ssd nvme was on it's way out. So, same happened today only this time I am getting the aforementioned issue. Mind you in every instance, everything is lit and running. Fans. CPU pump, GPU, RAM, cycle lights at the start (then stops at green, the boot one)

Steps:

• Disconnected /reconnected GPU, nvme SSD, ram, power connectors
  • Swapped out mouse and keyboard, tested them on another PC and they work.
  • Tried with one stick of ram, then two, then three. Then fourth. Moved them to different spots.
  • Swapped out GPU with an older one
  • Removed the nvme, replaced with a brand new one
  • Removed the nvme altogether and left empty
  • Removed the cmos battery, waited 20 minutes
  • Shorted the pins

All this and absolutely zero effect, same issue as if I did nothing. Everything continues to light up. All components have RGB and all run. GPU, case fans, cooler, ram, as if all is good.

I'm at my wits end, what am I missing? Of course Mobo warranty expired 3 mo ago...

Windows 11

AMD RYZEN 9/ 5900X 12 CORE

Samsung 980 PRO 2TB (Old)

Samsung 990 PRO 4TB (new but empty)

ASUS TUF RTX 3080 12GB

CORSAIR iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT, l

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3600 64GB

I've never flashed or updated my BIOS except for when I bought it as I had to for AMD CPU compatibility reasons as per mgr. It was done by inserting a USB in the back and updated without actually turning anything on, just plugged in.

I have not removed and reinstalled the CPU. Honestly I'm sick of this all and just don't know what to do. My fear is I'm going to have to buy a new motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated
What about PSU ? It sounds like a possible cause.