I'm building a socket A system from left over parts, and need a power supply.
Anyone suggest a unit that is known for being quiet?

I'd pay a little extra for one that doesn't sound like a vaccuum cleaner.
Anyone have any experience? Thanks.

Spajky

On 09 Apr 2004 10:29:13 GMT, tankie@aol.com (TANKIE) wrote:

>I'm building a socket A system from left over parts, and need a power supply.
>Anyone suggest a unit that is known for being quiet?
>
>I'd pay a little extra for one that doesn't sound like a vaccuum cleaner.
>Anyone have any experience? Thanks.

get a Thermaltake Silent PurePower TT-A420APD

--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

TANKIE wrote:

> I'm building a socket A system from left over parts, and need a power supply.
> Anyone suggest a unit that is known for being quiet?
>
> I'd pay a little extra for one that doesn't sound like a vaccuum cleaner.
> Anyone have any experience? Thanks.

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/ultra_quiet/

http://www.silenx.com/productcart/pc/mainindex.asp
they have some really quiet fans and power supplies.
Of course there's always zalman, too, and enermax...

--

Good Luck!
BB

TANKIE wrote:
> I'm building a socket A system from left-over parts, and need a power supply.
> Anyone suggest a unit that is known for being quiet?
>
> I'd pay a little extra for one that doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner.
> Anyone have any experience? Thanks.

Hi,

I'm using a Seasonic SS300FB; a review is here:

<http://www.silentpcreview.com/article107-page1.html>.

--
---------------------------------
Norm Meyer njm [at] myway [.] com

On 09 Apr 2004 10:29:13 GMT, tankie@aol.com (TANKIE) wrote:

>I'm building a socket A system from left over parts, and need a power supply.
>Anyone suggest a unit that is known for being quiet?
>
>I'd pay a little extra for one that doesn't sound like a vaccuum cleaner.
>Anyone have any experience? Thanks.

"Quiet" isn't a lot to go on.
How many watts you need?

Since you're using "left over parts" I'll assume a basic, typical
secondary system, not using a high-end video card or a half dozen hard
drives, etc, so you should be ok with a name-brand 300W. Good value in a
quiet name-brand 300-350W would be a Sparkle/Fortron FSP300-60PN,
FSP350-60PN (w/ low RPM 12cm fan on the bottom).

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-104-979&depa=0
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-486&depa=0