[SOLVED] R5 2600 -> R5 5600x upgrade issues

Jan 28, 2023
I'm having issues with Ryzen master and my CPU not showing correctly in some programs. I installed the R5 5600x from the R5 2600. I tried uninstalling the old Ryzen master software through windows. Then after that didn't work I then looked to YouTube/reddit and found that it can leave some things in the registry. I tried using REVO uninstaller to get all of the left over. Seems that nothing I have done works. The CPU still works just fine. I guess I'd like it to show up correctly in those programs so I can see the temps with the new setup I have going and for me to be able to open Ryzen master. Thanks for any help.

Solution
I'm having issues with Ryzen master and my CPU not showing correctly in some programs. I installed the R5 5600x from the R5 2600. I tried uninstalling the old Ryzen master software through windows. Then after that didn't work I then looked to YouTube/reddit and found that it can leave some things in the registry. I tried using REVO uninstaller to get all of the left over. Seems that nothing I have done works. The CPU still works just fine. I guess I'd like it to show up correctly in those programs so I can see the temps with the new setup I have going and for me to be able to open Ryzen master. Thanks for any help.
Did you clear the old cpuid from the bios before seating the new CPU? If not that's your issue....
What you need to...
Did you clear the old cpuid from the bios before seating the new CPU? If not that's your issue....
What you need to do is with the PC fully off unplug the psu... Remove the lithium battery from the mobo
And with these removed hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 times....
After draining the power from the mobo put the battery back in the mobo and then the psu back in boot system and check cpuid again

Solution
Feb 16, 2023
A decent upgrade from a 2600 to a 5600X is one where the CPU is capable of running 1080p games at about 240 frames per second. That is too much to ask for a 6 core CPU. You will have really high frame rates when playing, and it doesn't choke GPUs up to 3080 (at least). Thus, the 5600X is a fantastic CPU upgrade.