Question R7 360 suddenly starts causing BSOD with "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" ?

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Hello!

As tittle says, i ve got a R7 360 2GB that , after a system physical clean up, it started to cause BSOD with
" Thread Stuck in Device Driver ". I've tried a clean Windows updated install and tried to get the latest Adrenalin drivers installed but it crashes mid-installation. I have to switch to integrated graphics to get Windows to boot and used DDU to clean the "mid-installed drivers" for the R7 360 to boot again. It posts, does get into Windows but I can't install any drivers. I have tried old ones to with no success...

Any ideas? This happened out of nowhere . Was working fine...

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Might also want to check and recheck the connections to your GPU from the PSU. As for your platform, where did you source the installer for the OS?

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Thing is I didnt list the full components because i had this crash in two different systems. One was a FX6300, 16 DDR3,600W PSU the other one was PHENOM X4 945 , 8 DDR3 , SSD and 500W PSU, both with 6 pin power connector. Full windows 10 updated to 22H2 was used in both systems with same result. Gpu was placed correctly , i posted , it gave me video on both systems . It just wont let me install any drivers on it.

Both crashes occur in old platforms but the question is : Why didnt it happen before on the FX 6300 system...it run flawlessly for 7+ years. I dont think a BIOS update on this legacy mobos will solve anything... i think it has to do with somo new windows update and , as AMD DRIVERS are legacy for this model, i wont get the proper fix....