[SOLVED] R7 3700X wont fit in the socket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2019
Today i got my MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE board and a r7 3700x chip
The chip is kind of crooked on one side when i place it in the socket , no bent pins and the motherboard socket holes seem okay

Solution
After you inspect the pins, and determine they are all striaght, I would try to reinsert.

When inserting the CPU, insert it flat. don't try to insert one side or corner first. The clearances are tight and inserting it at an angle could cause it not to fit. If it doesn't fall right in try wiggling the lock lever back and forth or wiggling the chip a little to see if it will fall in.

If none of the above works, I agree with Rogue Leader. It's likely a bad motherboard socket locking mechanism.
After you inspect the pins, and determine they are all striaght, I would try to reinsert.

When inserting the CPU, insert it flat. don't try to insert one side or corner first. The clearances are tight and inserting it at an angle could cause it not to fit. If it doesn't fall right in try wiggling the lock lever back and forth or wiggling the chip a little to see if it will fall in.

If none of the above works, I agree with Rogue Leader. It's likely a bad motherboard socket locking mechanism.

Reactions: Rogue Leader
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.