Radeon 64MB DDR troubles

G

Hi there! I have an ATI Radeon 64mb DDR I've had for about nine months. Up until last night it had worked beautifully, always running the latest games. About a week ago I overclocked the Radeon from 183 to 193.50. It wasn't much of a jump but I was hesistant to try 200Mhz. Anyway, today I tried to boot up my computer but got no video. I unlugged the monitor cable and re-inserted it. I took the Radeon out of its AGP slot and pushed it back in. I tried everything I could think of. After all that, still no video. I tried plugging in an extra AGP card that I have(STB RIVA card)and that worked. I also asked my friend if I could try inserting the Radeon in his computer. Still no luck! The fan on the Radeon spins but nothing is coming out. There doesn't appear to be any physical damage to the card(that I can see) and it is pretty much free of dust. At the time I was running beta drivers from ATI's site( I think 7115). Could the fact that I overclocked the Radeon have anything to do with this? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Endor

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The card is dead. Get a replacement. Don't mention overclocking. It may have overheated, but to do so with such a small amount of overclocking would prove that it was already close to death anyway.

Back to you Tom...

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Hmmm, maybe you can trade in your broken Radeon 64 for a Radeon 8500 or Radeon 7500 using ATI's trade up program. Anyways contact ATI and they should replace your card free except for shipping, best beat is to see if you can trade up.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
its dead jim.

sometimes graphics cards can be right buggers.

i had a gigabyte tnt2 pro.
had nothing but trouble from it. when i finally replaced it with a leadtek geforce2pro, i carefully removed it from my current pc, and immediately transfered it to the old one i was rebuilding. when i tried to power on the old one it was dead as a doornail.

despite you ability to swap out dozens of cards a simple shift killed it stone dead

I'll respect your comments & opinions, even if i disagree with them, Provided you display maturity.

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Skinfrost, in case you have not heard, Compaq is down, and will never be seen again as HP has bought them out:) Hope your happy:)

If it works for you then don't fix it.