radeon 8500 question

profjo00

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
i have a radeon 8500 retail, when i plug in the s-video cable in to the tv and the radeon it everythings looks good, as its supposed to be i guess. but when I play a movie, on my computer monitor it shows but not on my TV. this makes me mad, i want to watc hthe movie on both screens, and today i will receive my flatscreen so i want to watch the movie on all 3 monitors at the same time. is that possible, or is the card not able to do that. i know i can connect all 3 displays at the same time and use windows. the second question i have is does the tv have to have the same resolution as the monitor, because when i use the TV at 1280 1024, the screen is just partialy so i have to scroll from side to side. please help me out

profjo00

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
i press some buttons and now the movie is on both screens, but i cant figure out how to have 2 different resolutios, or is that maybe not possible

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Hydravision I believe has settings for adjusting the resolution on different monitors to different settings.

I don't believe you can have more than 2 different video outs though.

I do not like it Tom you see,
I do not like green PCB.

profjo00

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
ok, should the hydravision not be included in the cd, hmm i poped in the ati cd install cd but i can find anyhting about hydravision

but i proababy findit. thanx for your help