[SOLVED] Radeon RX Vega 11

Aug 22, 2019
Hi, I'm new hope I can add this thread here.
I would like to build HTPC with gigabit B450I Aorus Pro and AMD Ryzer 5 with integrated graphics RX Vega 11. Will that GPU able play sound 7.1 via HDMI?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The Realtek audio onboard the motherboard provides the sound you want. Just install the driver from the board's website and hook up the speaker system as needed.
Read here and see page 11/12 of your motherboard manual.
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
* To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.

Thanks Guys. What I want to do is Connect PC-> Receiver-> TV and it seems that HDMI 2.0 with erc can't really handle dts:x so I was wondering to buy this device:

https://www.amazon.com/gofanco-Prop...15&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-772987523033

Is that make sens?
That wont do it. That converts hdmi to toslink/fiber. Those formats do not support dts:x

The only solution is to either use 7.1 analog outputs and put it on a pre amp, or buy a dts:x receiver with pass through.

Regretably i dont know of any sound cards or software that support this format (dts:x) natively.

If you find a solution, let me know. I have a $5000 yamaha rx z11 receiver that has 11.2 but no way to use the latest formats without me buying a $3000 pre amp.

Solution