Rage Screens Released; PS3 Better Than X360

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
"Our program director actually said 'Do you want to take the PS3? I think it's actually running better,'" he said.
I think he means that the PS3 demo is now running better than the PS3 demo that they had before...

But then I would choose the XBOX demo over the PS3 demo due to loading times...

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
It looks alright, not outstanding.

There definately is something that reminds me of fallout 3, maybe the heavy shadows on the guns, and the greyness and high contrast.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
"PC version of Rage (can't say "port," as that's not the case)."
id software always make great choices. They're also doing very well with Quake Live (beta) which also is cross-platform on personal computers (as in also works on Mac and Linux).

voodoobunny

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Oh look, id making a new game, and this one's ... all green and brown.

id may still make good game engines but seriously, couldn't they come up with a new colour scheme? Compare the id games (doom/quake/rage) to things like Unreal/Tournament or Half-Life. The id games show a *serious* lack of imagination.

fball922

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
I would say the title of this article only serves to start a fanboy war. "PS3 is better"... where does it say that? If you are referring to the fact that the demo at this point is running better, that is one thing. The inference from the title is that PS3 is better graphically based on released screenshots. And, as we all know, no fanboy wants their console's graphics trashed in favor of the other one... (FYI, I don't have a side in the console wars)

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Wow, Tom's. Into sensationalist headlines much lately? First of all, the program director said he THINKS it's running better. THINK. Means he's not sure. Second, running better especially in gaming terms doesn't necessarily mean a lot. 3 FPS better, 4? And it's still an early build even then.

I'm a PC gamer, but really. Stop TRYING to make your comments sections flame wars, especially after you guys had that whole thing about banning people for comments.

@Belardo - ID was bought by Zenimax Media.

drowned

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
There's no need to turn this into a console fanboy war because my response is simple: if it's not on the PC then I won't be playing it, cause I like to game like a man and not some asian kid with a kungfu grip on 4 joysticks, 8 triggers, and 12 buttons.

G

What a crap title for a crap article. iD's already said that the game will look identical on all three platforms and that they are shooting for 60fps on all three too.

Saying that a demo runs better for a game in the middle of development means crap all nothing.

Acert93

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
Hmmm "The PS3 version runs better, so lets show the worse running 360 version." Yeah, that sounds logical. A JOURNALIST would have asked a question about this comment ... and maybe quized, "Due to the PS3 multiplatform issue with developers and consumer experience do you think maybe that would have been a better choice to showcase, even side by side?" If you, as a JOURNALIST, get another lame answer, you could perry, "Would your comment be in any way related to positioning your product to the PS3 development community? Is the version of Rage on the PS3 that runs better using the same and/or better IQ?"

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]I think he means that the PS3 demo is now running better than the PS3 demo that they had before...[/citation]

Very possible take on that quote.

On the game, I am very excited to see what ID comes up with. These screens look good atm, in motion I bet it will look amazing.

Are these pics from PC or a console version?

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
[citation][nom]drowned[/nom]There's no need to turn this into a console fanboy war because my response is simple: if it's not on the PC then I won't be playing it, cause I like to game like a man and not some asian kid with a kungfu grip on 4 joysticks, 8 triggers, and 12 buttons.[/citation]
LOL What?

Morgan3rd

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Exclusive PC gamer here. Might pick this one up but to be honest, doom 3 was a really big disappointment next to half life 2. I'm looking forward to starcraft 2, diablo 3, Portal 2 (really anything that valve makes), and the next need for speed game that isn't buggy and gets good reviews.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Morgan3rd[/nom]Exclusive PC gamer here. Might pick this one up but to be honest, doom 3 was a really big disappointment next to half life 2. I'm looking forward to starcraft 2, diablo 3, Portal 2 (really anything that valve makes), and the next need for speed game that isn't buggy and gets good reviews.[/citation]
No kidding, Doom 3 disappointed me as well, I get more replay value out of Doom I and II.

@voodoobunny - Agreed, I'm sick of green/brown FPS games. It seems like a lot of the new FPS tout their new super graphics engines with the call of "Now with 13.7 million shades of brown and green!"

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]Reminds me to much of Fallout 3.[/citation]
Yea,but with even more FPS awesomeness and less RPG stuff..I love RPG's as much as the next guy but I love my FPS games even more.Only reason people say that because of the towns look similar and the apocalyptic setting.Fallout 3 was good but not great, so thats possibly why I could care less if it reminds me of fallout.

adipose

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Morgan3rd[/nom]Exclusive PC gamer here. Might pick this one up but to be honest, doom 3 was a really big disappointment next to half life 2. I'm looking forward to starcraft 2, diablo 3, Portal 2 (really anything that valve makes), and the next need for speed game that isn't buggy and gets good reviews.[/citation]

Doom3 was very disappointing, but I finished. I tried to play the expansion pack but I just couldn't. It was that bad.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Wow PS3 better than 360?

Does that mean that PC won't be good? LOL seriously guys this is a PC hardware site and also isn't this game coming out on PC as well?

How about an article headline "PC demolishes 5 year old consoles in Rage".

Status
Not open for further replies.