Raid 0 problem

dani085

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
I had HDD Seagate 1Tb installed with Windows 7 in my computer before. I bought two kingston 240Gb SSD and try to put them into raid 0. I have ROG Crosshair V formula-z motherboard. I used amd raid option rom. But my HDD used ACHI sata mode. In order to make raid i had to switch all sata ports to raid mode. When i try to load windows from HDD it crashes while loading. It works perfectly with ACHI when switch back. But I need to use raid in order to put two SSD into raid 0. Is there is any solution without reinstalling windows?
I have AMD FX9370 if that is important.

dani085

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
Because when i was building PC SSD didn't fit into my budget so i bought HDD. And used it for a month. Now i wanted to upgrade my system and bought 2 SSD. I wanted to try to use 'Migrate to SSD' program to copy my system to SSD raid. But i can't run it because i can't load windows.

USAFRet

Titan

When you install a new game, it asks you which folder to install it to. Drive C, Drive E, Drive X....
Existing games, you only have to do that once.

You're trying to solve a problem that does not exist. And applying the wrong solution to do it.

USAFRet

Titan

For certain, limited use cases, sure. Large sequential files. Big renders of video or 3D files.
NOT games or the OS.

realworld_MultiAppStart.png

Read that test all the way through. And understand what it actually says.

USAFRet

Titan

By 'render video files' in relation to SSD + RAID 0, that speaks to doing it in a production environment ($$$), all day, every day, when a few seconds per person has an impact on the bottom line and full work flow.

You can do it if you want. Just don't be surprised or disappointed when the performance is actually slower than a single SSD of the same combined size.