RAID 1, 2 250gb ssd as bootdrive and 2 1tb HDD Storage

Juan Carlos_1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
HI, i was wondering if i could make raid 1 to two 250gb SSDs to boot and store especific games in my soon to buy pc and separately raid 1 two 1tb hdds for Other games and files. If i can how could i achieve this.

Solution
This is a horrifically inefficient use of drives.

Sure raid 1 will protect you against a drive failure, but it does nothing to protect you against windows getting corrupted from a bad shutdown, botched updates, software installs and viruses/malware. With Raid 1 you just have a perfect copy of your screwed up OS.

You could put OS and programs on one SSD, games on the other. Then back them both up to a magnetic disk drive.
This is a horrifically inefficient use of drives.

Sure raid 1 will protect you against a drive failure, but it does nothing to protect you against windows getting corrupted from a bad shutdown, botched updates, software installs and viruses/malware. With Raid 1 you just have a perfect copy of your screwed up OS.

You could put OS and programs on one SSD, games on the other. Then back them both up to a magnetic disk drive.

Solution

Juan Carlos_1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

what do you mean by this? so i should still have for hard drives but use them all and copy all of their info in a magnetic disk drive?