RAID 5 Data Recovery / Only have the Drives

HumbleSage

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
I'm in a bit of a tough spot. I have 3 drives that were configured in a RAID 5 array that I need to get some data off of them. I don't have the original server equipment available or controller card that was attached to them. The array is complete, none of the disks are in a failed state. They were just removed from the previous server.

Is there any way possible to recover the data from them? Possible using a usb connection of some sort?

There are utilities available to recover data from a RAID array.

Go to www.ufsexplorer.com and take a look at their RAID Recovery application. It is available as a free download to evaluate if it can recover your data but you must pay for a license to actually recover the data. This is pretty robust software that supports all the major file systems.

Good luck!

HumbleSage

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Hey guys, thanks for all your help. I was able to rebuild the RAID array and successfully recover the data using ReclaiMe. I also checked out the tools you recommended and found them very useful as well. thanks again for all the replies. :)

michael_82

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hello, it seems you have accidentally lost some of the essential files from raid. However you can recover them by number of software available on internet. But this can be done if you have not overwritten them. Have you used raid after data loss?