Status
Not open for further replies.

07adams88

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
First off sorry if this is a duplicate post if so point me in the right direction please.

Okay for starters let me kind of give a quick recap of how i got to where I am stuck. I had 2 seagate barracudas in RAID 0 and everything worked fine but of course it wasn't fast enough :p so I invested in a corsair GT 120G SSD. Well I figured I might as well keep my RAID array and run my OS off the SSD along with BF3.(I am running W7 Prof. Ed.) The whole setup appeared to go smoothly up until I booted in and voila, it doesn't show up in My Computer as a disk drive. It is recognized in Dev.Mgr. though. The setup options I have in my uefi bios are as follows. SATA 1-4: RAID, IDE, or ACHI, SATA4-5: IDE, ACHI. so I put my Disk Drive and SSD in 4 and 5 and set that to IDE and put my two Seagates in 1 and 2 and set those to raid then loaded into the configuration screen and re-assigned my raid drives from scratch to avoid any issues. Booted into windows and installed the RAID drivers that came with the MoBo from a flash drive and rebooted. I am running on an Asus M5A99X evo MoBo and like I said windows 7 PE. Any help would be appreciated, I'm not the most comp. savy guy but I understand most of the tech talk just for a heads up. Can you not run a spinner raid with a SSD installed?

Solution
My computer -> Manage > Disk Management

Drives will be listed probably not formated/partitioned

I would change the SSD and other disk to AHCI but you will need to reinstall windows unless you are able to pre-configure/install your drivers for ahci

07adams88

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Pardon my premature posting as I have just solved the problem on my own lol. My apologies and if anyone wants to know the easy fix to this problem I will post it if requested.

lafontma

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
My computer -> Manage > Disk Management

Drives will be listed probably not formated/partitioned

I would change the SSD and other disk to AHCI but you will need to reinstall windows unless you are able to pre-configure/install your drivers for ahci

Solution

07adams88

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Why change to AHCI? I mean I was running the SSD on that befor the switch but I haven't seen any performance decrease since the switch to IDE and honestly it is working now so I don't really wanna mess with it lol.

lafontma

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006

In theory better performance, TRIM support for the SSD, Hot swap, Command queuing, etc

07adams88

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Apparently once ports 1-4 are put in RAID the option for 5-6 chang to IDE or RAID but but I cannot put Ports 5-6 in a RAID config without 1-4 being in RAID so AHCI is not an option at this point :/ to my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.