Raidmax Rx-730 fan not spinning. Also Please suggest me a new PSU for my new RIG.

siam672

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
So yesterday I noticed that my PSU fan wasn't spinning while I was playing CS:GO. Before that, the fan spinned as if it was stuck and would just spin a bit every few seconds now and then. Do I need to worry about it?

I'm thinking of upgrading my rig in a few months, and I guess I will grab a new PSU too. These will be the specs of my new:

Mobo - Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 7
CPU - Core i5 4670K
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 560 (not going to buy a new one, going to SLI two Gigabyte 760 in the future)
Ram - 2X 8gb ram.

Basically my questions are -
Should I be worried about my PSU fan not spinning?
Which PSU should I get for my new rig (please make it budget friendly)?

Thanks in Advance.

Raidmax is one of the worst possible PSU brands you can use, and is the candidate for immediate replacement.

Take a look at this list, it is tier five, the worst one:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

Get a quality PSU from tier one, tier two (a) or tier two (b). Like XFX Core, Seasonic... get 850W or more to be future-proof for SLI and for Haswell compatibility.

Solution
Also, "budget friendly" in PSU terms equals to "get a quality PSU regardless of price". Non quality units, when they fail, tend to take other hardware with them. This ends in you having a much higher cost than you initially saved by going cheap. Never, ever, cheap on the PSU. After all, this is exactly what got you into this situation in the first place. With a quality PSU, this would likely not happen at all.