Raijintek Rolls Out Nemesis and Themis Evo CPU Coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
nothing new here.....this so called cpu cooler market has been stagnating since 2004....noting new, everyone seems to copy everyone.....nothing original anymore, its a shame.

fatalshot808

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
nothing new here.....this so called cpu cooler market has been stagnating since 2004....noting new, everyone seems to copy everyone.....nothing original anymore, its a shame.
Well this is Tomshardware and I enjoy getting these occasional updates on products that I might be interested in. The Nemesis heatsink seems like a very quiet and efficient cooler, I would love to see a review on this later on!

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Again, The case makers and the heat sink makers need to get together and make use of the huge surface area of the case to reduce the heat and use fans less.Desktops do not have the mobility problem of laptops. Use it. Come on.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Again, The case makers and the heat sink makers need to get together and make use of the huge surface area of the case to reduce the heat and use fans less.Desktops do not have the mobility problem of laptops. Use it. Come on.
The problem is that the outside of a case doesn't have guaranteed airflow. Besides, how would you connect the CPU/cooler to the case, and to which part of the case and how much clearance and what kind of airflow would that part have to have to be able to cool say a 125W CPU and how would a user be certain that it does?A Zalman Reserator 6.5kg passive water cooling tower can only dissipate 210W and it's full of coolant and has been engineered to radiate heat most efficiently. How much cooling could a desktop case lid dissipate?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Look like okay heatsinks in a market full of similar competing offerings. Still, I agree that a review and some benchmarks would be very useful in determining how well these work (and whether folks should consider purchasing).

teh_gerbil

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
nebun, you get a thumbs up man. Seriously, anyone remember this:http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-06/heatsink-could-be-30-times-more-efficient-modern-setupsThe heatsink that basically the whole thing spins rather than the fan? Well that was JUNE 2012! A year and a half ago! Surely getting something to market should be soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.