Dec 25, 2017
-Intel Core i7-7700K
-EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Black Addition
-16 GB of G-Skill 3000Mhz
-Asus Strix Z270F
-All drivers up to date using DRIVER Booster PRO
-New system build and windows installed fresh
-Custom water cooled pc

I just bought Rainbow six Siege and when trying to play on Ultra settings I get a quick freeze and a few seconds later game crashes me back to the desktop. I can play on low settings and complete a full scenario game with no problems on low settings. I noticed this freeze and crash only happens when im in a firefight with the AI.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Don't really trust tools like this so go to the respective sites for the next and download the latest drivers there,also maybe see if you have the latest bios,

for this ram enable XMP in the bios if not done so already.

element44777

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
Ok so I went to lowest settings possible and boy oh boy what I saw was pure horror. Artifacts with 60's retro pixels. Its safe to say video card was toast and finally showed its true colors. I have a photo I will try and post later. Thanks for the responses gents. For the power supply question I have a Corsair 1000WATT (RMX) 80+ gold.

element44777

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
I did a Memory Diagnostics check as well and RAM checked out with zero issues so I am really hoping that the video card was the only culprit. Well now its time to get busy draining fluids and taking things apart and reapplying thermal paste while I have the loop down and components taken out.