Question RAM compatibility question

mightmaster92

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
Hello, i currently have one 8gb stick - BLS8G4D240FSE.16FBD2

Bought another one, but due to my negligence it ended up being BLS8G4D240FSEK.8FBD - essentially same stats but slightly different product code kinda worries me.

All i could gather is that letter K means single rank memory - which should be fine working with dual rank memory stick.

Will those 2 work together fine in a dual channel? What do letter after dot mean?

Just for info:
MB - Asus Prime B350M-K
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Trying isn't exactly an option for me. So i'd rather be sure they are compatible.

Anyway what those numbers after '.' mean? This thread only covers part number before dot.
You missed the point of the answer given. Only memory modules that came in the same kit together are guaranteed to be compatible. The part number makes no difference in this situation because they are from different kits.

Reactions: mightmaster92

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
Hello, i currently have one 8gb stick - BLS8G4D240FSE.16FBD2

Bought another one, but due to my negligence it ended up being BLS8G4D240FSEK.8FBD - essentially same stats but slightly different product code kinda worries me.

All i could gather is that letter K means single rank memory - which should be fine working with dual rank memory stick.

Will those 2 work together fine in a dual channel? What do letter after dot mean?

Just for info:
MB - Asus Prime B350M-K
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Yes is will almost certainly work if you leave the system to decide on the timings, but as already stated, this is not guaranteed and you may need to fiddle with the timings/settings for the memory, making sure the BIOS/UEFI is up to date will help.

Why cant you plug it in and find out.?