[SOLVED] RAM config on B550M DS3H ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
Is it better to use 2 sticks of ram or can i use 4 sticks of ram?

so i already have 16gb of ram in my system and im thinking i could just buy another (2x8) set and run it with 4 sticks in the slot as its alot less expensive and i cant really spend double the money for 32 gb of ram.

are my specs, i have a 2060 6gb coming in soon, and the cpu and psu im using fine to run 4 sticks of ram or will it hurt my performance?

this is a second hand mobo and cpu and my friend used it, he put 4 sticks at a total of 64 gb of ram in here and it worked fine but im wondering if it will hurt my PC performance.

Lutfij

Titan
so i already have 16gb of ram in my system and im thinking i could just buy another (2x8) set and run it with 4 sticks in the slot as its alot less expensive and i cant really spend double the money for 32 gb of ram.
What sticks are you working with now? If we're supposed to base off the sig space specs, please include them into your threads body since sig space specs can and will change over time, rendering this thread and any possible solutions moot.

RAM: 2x 8GB DDR4 Corsair vengeance RS 3200 Mhz
If these are the sticks you're working with,. please be warned that you need to source the exact same sticks of ram, all the way down to the same revision number, as the revision numbers printed on the ram sticks actually mean something. It's not a PCB revision, rather the IC's used on the sticks of ram.

People who come here happen to suffer from stability issues only for us to learn that the ones who do use Corsair's ram kits have varied revision numbers for their kits, in spite of looking the same and are from the same series.

To also add, even if you don't go for that Corsair ram kit but add a different branded kit, you're advised not to do so. Treat ram upgrades like you would with purchasing shoes, you can wear two different sized/sets of shoes on your feet, it only means you're going to look silly walking with two different shoes.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700G, MOBO: GIGABYTE b550m ds3h,
You should look intoDDR4-3600MHz with tight timings to get the best out of your platform.

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
I made sure to buy the exact same ram with the same timings, as the ram is also second hand from my friend i thought it might be ok since i found the same ram used in my current system, ill look at some 3600 mhz ram later

Status
Not open for further replies.