[SOLVED] Ram doesn't boot

Jan 18, 2022
Hello,
PC Specs:
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
GPU:Nvidia GeForce 1050ti
Mobo: Msi a320m Gaming Pro.

I bought a new ram 16 GB G.SKILL 3000mhz, my problem is when i try to boot with this ram on first slot is not booting but on second slot bios reading it normally. I tried bios updates/bios reset/axmp but nothing happened.
I still can boot with old ram Hyper x 8GB on 2400mhz.
Any solution? :)

Solution
Are you installing one stick of old 8GB RAM in one slot and the new 16 GB RAM in the remaining slot?

Two issues:

1) mixing the RAM modules is likely to be a problem. Using two modules requires (for dual channel use) a pair of matched modules purchased together as a kit. For your build either 2 X 8GB or a single 16 GB module.

2) Even if you are using a kit then the first physically installed RAM module should be installed in the slot labeled DIMMB1. (The slot farthest from the CPU.)

Again just use the 16 GB RAM module by itself.

You may also need to go into BIOS and do some additional configuration. Reference Page 18 of the User Manual.
Jan 18, 2022
How is that "first slot" labeled?

If you are using a single 16GB RAM module then just install it and run it in the second slot - DIMMB1.

I tried in every slot. About labbel if you mean the error last time I tried was off but still doesn't boot. When I install my old ram to first slot and this one to second bios read it normally but still not boot when is solo

Ralston18

Titan
Are you installing one stick of old 8GB RAM in one slot and the new 16 GB RAM in the remaining slot?

Two issues:

1) mixing the RAM modules is likely to be a problem. Using two modules requires (for dual channel use) a pair of matched modules purchased together as a kit. For your build either 2 X 8GB or a single 16 GB module.

2) Even if you are using a kit then the first physically installed RAM module should be installed in the slot labeled DIMMB1. (The slot farthest from the CPU.)

You may also need to go into BIOS and do some additional configuration. Reference Page 18 of the User Manual.

Solution
Jan 18, 2022

Two issues:

1. Yeah I didn't Wait to run both of them I just cheked if bios read this.
2.About that I tried bios update, change mhz tried on different mhz but still doesn't work

Ralston18

Titan
Okay.

Going back to your original post:

"I bought a new ram 16 GB G.SKILL 3000mhz, my problem is when i try to boot with this ram on first slot is not booting but on second slot bios reading it normally "

If all is well meaning that the system boots, runs/works, performs well, etc. with the single16 GB RAM module in the second slot then use that RAM configuration.

Unlikely that a mixed RAM combination can be made to work. And, even if made to work, there will likely be continuing problems.