[SOLVED] Ram error on ASUS MB (Orange light) despite good RAM

yeahok976

Reputable
May 27, 2018
After returning to my previously perfectly functional PC after a week I am getting an orange blinking light on my ASUS 450I Mini ITX motherboard. This is a RAM code. All fans and drives spin up, the GPU does too.

I plugged both of my sticks into another pc and they worked there. I even plugged in new sticks and I’m still getting this error. I’ve tried every possible combination and number of sticks. It’s not the ram that seems to be the issue.

So I moved onto the CPU and made sure no pins were bent as well as reseating it. Twice. Still same light.

I reseated all of the cables from my PSU connecting to my MB and GPU. Same error.

At this point I think it’s either an issue with the memory controller on the CPU or it’s a motherboard issue. I don’t have access to a new CPU or motherboard due to my current arrangement.

And yes I’ve triggered the reset button on my MB. It doesn’t have a cmos so I can’t change that.

Any help?? Many thanks in advance this has happened at a very bad time.

Specs: ryzen 1600
ASUS 450I STRIX MB
GTX 1070
EVGA Supernova 550w
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB

Solution
D
could be. if the sticks of ram all test perfect and it's not a psu issue, MB is suspect
D

Deleted member 14196

To rule out the ram you should test it with Memtest86 run it at least four passes one stick at a time and if you see any errors at all the ram is bad

But I’m suspecting power supply issues as well and even maybe the motherboard

yeahok976

Reputable
May 27, 2018
To rule out the ram you should test it with Memtest86 run it at least four passes one stick at a time and if you see any errors at all the ram is bad

But I’m suspecting power supply issues as well and even maybe the motherboard
Just went out and bought a known working PSU (was tested right in front of me) and Im still getting the same error. Does this point to it being the MB?

yeahok976

Reputable
May 27, 2018
I think the MB is more likely to fail than the CPU....and I think it's possible it could be a PSU issue.
I'd check the PSU voltages just to see what they were.
If they were good.....I'd really be leaning on MB.

Pasted from other reply: Just went out and bought a known working PSU (was tested right in front of me) and Im still getting the same error. Does this point to it being the MB?

D

Deleted member 14196

could be. if the sticks of ram all test perfect and it's not a psu issue, MB is suspect

Solution

TRENDING THREADS