[SOLVED] RAM Frequency and Temperature

Jul 17, 2020
Hi Guys

Recently I was gifted Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM.

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18
CMW16GX4M2D3600C18

However, the mothboard I have only supports upto 2400MHz (ASUS B250F). I installed the RAM sticks and from the BIOS screen had to manually set the DRAM frequency to 2400Mhz as anything above that, PC was not booting.

My question is whether this might cause the RAM to not perform properly.

Secondly, i noticed that the temperatures of the sticks under load (like gaming COD Warzone) goes upto 57 C. Is that a safe temperature or is meant to be lower?

Thank you

Solution
DDR4 ram sticks generally are said to be fine untill 85'C so you're fine. Depends of course on ram itself and ur rig configuration but if you're not experiencing anything out of order like freezing or bsods you're fine. If it bother's you you can always try to change or improve ur case ariflow (better fans etc.), front intake - back exhaust tends to be the most ram friendly flow.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
DDR4 ram sticks generally are said to be fine untill 85'C so you're fine. Depends of course on ram itself and ur rig configuration but if you're not experiencing anything out of order like freezing or bsods you're fine. If it bother's you you can always try to change or improve ur case ariflow (better fans etc.), front intake - back exhaust tends to be the most ram friendly flow.

Solution