[SOLVED] Ram from different brand

Mar 17, 2021
Hello,
I have 2x8gb 3200mhz hyperx fury of ram,
I want to increase it to 32gb at least but I have problem with air cooling that blocks the 4th ram slot.
I have two questions I wish if somebody can answer.
The first one can I buy 2 sticks of ram from different brand with same speed and voltage and less height than my current rams?
The second question is can I buy 2x16gb of ram with same speed and voltage?

Thank you.

Solution
Can you list your motherboard and cpu cooler and the case?
"I want to increase it to 32gb at least but I have problem with air cooling that blocks the 4th ram slot. "
Have you confirmed that, or is it just a assumption?
"The first one can I buy 2 sticks of ram from different brand with same speed and voltage and less height than my current rams? "
If you want to pair that ram from different brand with you existing hyperx one, dont, it has a chance of not working together.
"The second question is can I buy 2x16gb of ram with same speed and voltage? "
Yes, buying a new 2x16gb to replace the 2x8gb one will work.

I have 2 solutions for this:
  • Either buy the new 2x16gb kit if you are 100% sure that the 4th stick of the same ram wont...
"I want to increase it to 32gb at least but I have problem with air cooling that blocks the 4th ram slot. "
"The first one can I buy 2 sticks of ram from different brand with same speed and voltage and less height than my current rams? "
If you want to pair that ram from different brand with you existing hyperx one, dont, it has a chance of not working together.

• Either buy the new 2x16gb kit if you are 100% sure that the 4th stick of the same ram wont work
  • Buy the same 2x8gb kit if there is space for the 4th stick

Solution
Mar 17, 2021

• Either buy the new 2x16gb kit if you are 100% sure that the 4th stick of the same ram wont work
  • Buy the same 2x8gb kit if there is space for the 4th stick

My motherboard is tuf gaming b460 plus
My cooler is Coolermaster hyper 212 spectrum.