[SOLVED] RAM Issues

Mar 4, 2020
Hey y'all, I have an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard and I'm having issues with the RAM Dimm slots. I have the correct ram sticks, but when I place them in the recommended configuration (A2-B2) my PC does not boot. It'll briefly start but immediately shut off. Same thing with the other configuration (A1-B1). Although my PC will boot and run normally when I place it in the (A1-A2) slot. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Solution
Remove the CPU and check it and its socket for any issues. Look for bent or damaged pins, dust, dirt and debris of any kind on or among the pins and pads.

Make sure the CPU is mounted carefully and evenly. Uneven CPU mounting can lead to loss of pin to pad contact which in turn leads to all sorts of issues, including loss of memory and making slots unavailable for use.
Remove the CPU and check it and its socket for any issues. Look for bent or damaged pins, dust, dirt and debris of any kind on or among the pins and pads.

Make sure the CPU is mounted carefully and evenly. Uneven CPU mounting can lead to loss of pin to pad contact which in turn leads to all sorts of issues, including loss of memory and making slots unavailable for use.

Reactions: NavajoBatman
Solution
Mar 4, 2020
Hey thanks bud. I reseated my cpu and it fixed the problem. PC booted up without a hitch and is now recognizing dual channels! Definitely made my night.