Question ram issues

Sep 14, 2024
i have a 2600 and 16 gigs ddr4 at 3200 mhz on a Asrock B450M HDV R4.0. xmp appears to do nothing, not changing voltage from the original 2133 mhz setting. I bought another set of the same specced ram and it will not run higher than 1900 mhz. Also, both kits say i have 8.1 GB of "reserved hardware." Any help for either of these issues would be appreciated

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i have a 2600 and 16 gigs ddr4 at 3200 mhz on a Asrock B450M HDV R4.0. xmp appears to do nothing,
Please pass on a link to the ram kit you're working with. Following that, what BIOS version are you on at this moment of time?

I bought another set of the same specced ram and it will not run higher than 1900 mhz.
Link to said ram as well. If you're working with Corsair Vengeance ram, please look at the PCB revision numbers and report back to us.

FYI, you should state Ryzen 2600 since Intel have a 2600 in their portfolio too. If you serve around tech support long enough, you'll understand why we try and avoid confusion, since we've seen too many things to know that impossible things can and will happen.