[SOLVED] Ram not overclocking to 4000mhz

colew171

Reputable
May 21, 2018
I have corsair ram rated to 4000mhz but cant get it to that point. I have an amd board and enabled D.D.M.P but still stays at 2300 mhz and CPU is 1066.5.

Solution
I have corsair ram rated to 4000mhz but cant get it to that point. I have an amd board and enabled D.D.M.P but still stays at 2300 mhz and CPU is 1066.5.
Some general suggestions for getting it to max speeds:

You may have to de-link infinity fabric to get that high of a clock speed.

You may have to raise DRAM voltage quite high. DDR4 spec requires operation at up to 1.5V so try raising it to 1.45V and see if it will even start up at that speed. If tests show it's stable then reduce it little by little to find the lowest stable voltage.

I also find it useful to manually raise the memory clock speed bit by bit...so start out at 3400, then 3500, 3600, 3700 and reboot and so on. Once you find a stable clock it holds between...
Some general suggestions for getting it to max speeds:

You may have to de-link infinity fabric to get that high of a clock speed.

You may have to raise DRAM voltage quite high. DDR4 spec requires operation at up to 1.5V so try raising it to 1.45V and see if it will even start up at that speed. If tests show it's stable then reduce it little by little to find the lowest stable voltage.

I also find it useful to manually raise the memory clock speed bit by bit...so start out at 3400, then 3500, 3600, 3700 and reboot and so on. Once you find a stable clock it holds between restarts though, I don't know why.

If it ever goes into re-train loop and then boots up in a default state do a CMOS reset before trying a lower setting.

In the end, 4000 is a rare thing. Getting 3800 or even 3900 is probably the most you'll get, but if you have to delink IF then go back to 3600. Even with de-linked IF 4000 memory benefit is probably unnoticeable, and the latency induced by the loose timings needed won't help either. With IF de-linked it just gets worse.

Solution