[SOLVED] Ram OC

Dec 30, 2019
My specs are:
Ryzen 5 2600@4.0GHz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
MSI B450M Pro-M2
Crucial (?) 2133Mhz 1x8
Anyways, Today I Decided to mess around trying OC it and just used some preset OC settings from the ‘Try it’ part of the bios. I tried 2800MHz CL18 and then played some games and my FPS on rainbow increased by 40. Now I felt like this was way too high seeing as this stick was from a prebuilt cyber power system that was with a gtx 1050Ti and pentium G4560 (A budget build). I played with it non stop on rainbow for 3 hours. I didn’t experience any issues to what I can understand however, is there something I’m missing or is this normal?

Solution
It's not a bad thing.

What you say makes sense. Running the game on low means that graphics card is not working hard. If your CPU can process data a little faster then it gives the video card that much more to work with and thus the unusually high jump in FPS. If you were running your game on high (like most of the benchmarkers) then your video card would be working much harder and a small bump in CPU performance would equal a small bump in FPS.
Dec 30, 2019
So was this just luck or am experiencing something that’s bad that I can’t tell of. Btw I’m playing rainbow at low preset except with render scale. I was getting 130ish FPS now I’m getting 170ish with the in game benchmark. Ik this isn’t good it’s limitations of speed and that I’m only running one stick.

It's not a bad thing.

What you say makes sense. Running the game on low means that graphics card is not working hard. If your CPU can process data a little faster then it gives the video card that much more to work with and thus the unusually high jump in FPS. If you were running your game on high (like most of the benchmarkers) then your video card would be working much harder and a small bump in CPU performance would equal a small bump in FPS.

Solution