ryler22

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
So I recently ordered another 8gb of Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz ddr4

When I put the new stick of ram into my PC alongside my other 8gb stick of Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz, I just got a dram led light on my MSI motherboard and the PC would not post. First I thought that one of my ram slots were faulty, so I took out the new stick of ram and put my old one in that slot and my PC booted up without a problem. I then tried the new stick of ram all by itself and continued to get the dram led, along with the PC not posting again. Somehow I managed to boot into windows 10 with the new stick and everything ran perfectly, I then restarted my PC and it would not post again.

So I know that both ram slots are working, and both sticks of ram are also not faulty. I’m still confused of why my computers refuses to post with the new stick of ram by itself or with the other stick. I have also reset the cmos and that did nothing.

The sticks of ram are different versions though, the original being 5.30 and the new one being 5.32, but besides that they are completely identical.

My PC specs
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
Mobo: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS
PSU: EVGA 450 BT, 80+ bronze
GPU: ASUS expedition RX 570 8gb

I really have no idea of what the problem could be, if anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!:)

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Use of identical, exact match, same thing have no guarantee to be compatible together, although that kind of combination may increase your chances of the memory working together over the use of random modules.

Test for defective memory. If you get any errors you can return what you bought under warranty for a replacement.

Clearing the CMOS may help when changing memory.