Question Ram running at only 800 Mhz while i have 1866 mhz 16 gbs.

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Hello everybody,
so i have a GTX 1050 Ti Strix, FX 8350, 16 Gbs of ram 1866 mhz, Gigabyte 970a-ds3p rev 2.0 motherboard and NZXT Water cooling and 730 watt power supply.
Recently i've been experiencing blue screens and too low fps in games, such as Fortnite where before i had above 144 fps on low settings, now i struggle to pull 40 and i have gigantic stutters, to the point where game is not enjoyable and i play it completetively so it's also frustrating.
I was trying to find every solution possible, nothing helped, but i noticed something when i went to my task menager, my memory (RAM) is reading only 800 mhz instead of 1866 which i have, and i have two of those. When i play games my computer blue screens and it's very slow.
Only thing that changed recently was my windows, i reinstalled windows again, but everything seems fine except some minot slowness and off course those blue screens in games.

Can anybody help me?I'm desperate for the asnwer at this point!

Thanks again!

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Download AMD Overdrive and use it to measure thermal margin under load. Report back on the lowest value you see (thermal margin is how far you are from overheating).

What is max GPU temp?

Did you install the latest drivers from Nvidia after you reinstalled Windows?

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
How many sticks of ram you have? Cause task manager may show half the speed if you use dual channel memory 2x800=1600mhz. If you can type cmd in windows search open it and run this command: "wmic memorychip get speed" (without the " ") and tell me what is the result.

It says

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Download AMD Overdrive and use it to measure thermal margin under load. Report back on the lowest value you see (thermal margin is how far you are from overheating).

What is max GPU temp?

Did you install the latest drivers from Nvidia after you reinstalled Windows?

Gpu temperature is good, nothing changed there i think and yes i did install all the drivers after i reinstalled windows.

Cpu thermal margin says 30 degrees.