aymen11512

Commendable
Aug 11, 2019
hello , i have a z68 extreme 3 gen 3 motherboard that i bought a little over a year ago , few months ago i was trying to clean the motherboard and put new thermal paste when i tried to mount back my cpu cooler i mounted it the wrong way which made it a little overtight on the cpu but i corrected it when i tried to boot up my pc i got an error 55 ,after trying different ram slots i found out that my a1 and a2 slots are no longer working so i just kept on using single channel untill recently i wanted to try the broken slot again and i got smoke comming from the mb near the ram slots i unplugged as fast as possible it tuns out that on of the transistors on my mb was fried ...at the moment the motherboard works for surfing net nad watching stuff but if i game on it i get rashes and memory errors , i took it to a local shop to get fixed and he told me that he cant find out what transistor is that bc u cant see the reference on it and that i had either to find a scheme of the motherboard that i contacted asrock for but no reply or get a similar mb so he can check it and i couldnt find any , can you help me if you have any knowledge about this or check for me if you have the same motherboard....the transistor s code or however its called on the motherboard is Q7505 its located on the top right of the motherboard near the 2 capacitors

Solution
At this point a new board might not be the solution. If you damaged any part of the CPU or memory, they are also going to be faulty. You could spend lots of money replacing the parts piecemeal, which seems like you can't even do that. Or get new components. Doesn't matter if they are the same ones, older or newer at this point.

B65, B75, H61, H67, H77, P67, Q67, Q77, Z68, Z75, Z77 motherboards all have decent potential to work with whatever CPU you have in there.

Any used 4th gen, 6th gen CPUs and motherboards? Check for Xeons. A lot out there that are basically just locked i5 and i7.

Older Ryzen 1000 and 2000 series CPUs and motherboards?

Entire used business machines? A good source for CPUs and memory if nothing else.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Buy a replacement motherboard. Putting a lot of effort into an older system is rarely worth the money.

The original solution would have been to remove the CPU and inspect the pins on the motherboard, you probably squished them slightly. Now that something has burned up, no telling how many components need replacing, or if any traces are damaged inside the board that you can't see.

Various Z77 motherboards for under $100 on ebay.

That or just upgrade your CPU, motherboard, and ram. Anything you could have in a there would be the equivalent of a mid-tier Ryzen quad core, or a late model i3.

aymen11512

Commendable
Aug 11, 2019
Buy a replacement motherboard. Putting a lot of effort into an older system is rarely worth the money.

The original solution would have been to remove the CPU and inspect the pins on the motherboard, you probably squished them slightly. Now that something has burned up, no telling how many components need replacing, or if any traces are damaged inside the board that you can't see.

Various Z77 motherboards for under $100 on ebay.

That or just upgrade your CPU, motherboard, and ram. Anything you could have in a there would be the equivalent of a mid-tier Ryzen quad core, or a late model i3.
At the momenti cant find this kind of motherboards where im from thats why im trying to fix it as for the upgrade selling stuff is not easy at the moment since people try to sell for the new high prices and buy for the old cheap prices so i cant upgrade for now

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
At this point a new board might not be the solution. If you damaged any part of the CPU or memory, they are also going to be faulty. You could spend lots of money replacing the parts piecemeal, which seems like you can't even do that. Or get new components. Doesn't matter if they are the same ones, older or newer at this point.

B65, B75, H61, H67, H77, P67, Q67, Q77, Z68, Z75, Z77 motherboards all have decent potential to work with whatever CPU you have in there.

Any used 4th gen, 6th gen CPUs and motherboards? Check for Xeons. A lot out there that are basically just locked i5 and i7.

Entire used business machines? A good source for CPUs and memory if nothing else.

Solution

aymen11512

Commendable
Aug 11, 2019

Thank you ..i will try to find some ..i would jut like to point out that the reason why i wanted to fix it is because my motherboard is still functional its just one transistor that was a bit damaged and neither my cpu or tams was damaged aswell ..i tried them on an other motherboatd