[SOLVED] Ram upgrade doesn't work properly

Apr 6, 2020
So, i bought 2 new ram modules for my pc and when i added them in with the other 2 they work fine until I try to change their speed to what it says on the box.

I had Corsair LPX vengeance 2x4gb 3000mhz
and upgraded with Corsair LPX vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz
for a total of 24gb of memory

I can use my fine running them all at 2133mhz but i also wanna get my moneys worth by running them at their rated speeds. When i try to boot it just gets stuck in a boot loop until it gives me an failure to boot error, then i have to reset my bios settings again

i have an AMD ASUS motherboard b450f-gaming
and cpu is ryzen 5 2600

maybe i'm missing a step? I'm not very knowledgeable with memory so i would appreciate anyone trying to help.

(Note: i tried clearing the CMOS, and also when i just use the new RAM and take out the old one, it doesn't work either if i put it to 3200mhz, when i had just 8gb of ram i could use them fine at 300mhz without any problem. )

Solution
i mean yeah ofc not, but thats why i went with the same brand and same model, just diferent size and timing, i just wanted to make sure i had no other option before giving up and just getting rid of my ram :/
Well, the problem id just that: different timings.
Therefore all 4 sticks default to common specifications, which in your case is the slowest

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Would you mix car tire sizes? No. Same concept. Your PC is an AWD car, you're going to need the same tire model, size, and depth for maximum efficiency.

Same concept with RAM. Make sure they have the same timings and serial. Always go back to your shopping history and just reorder the exact same.

Apr 6, 2020
Would you mix car tire sizes? No. Same concept. Your PC is an AWD car, you're going to need the same tire model, size, and depth for maximum efficiency.

Same concept with RAM. Make sure they have the same timings and serial. Always go back to your shopping history and just reorder the exact same.
i mean yeah ofc not, but thats why i went with the same brand and same model, just diferent size and timing, i just wanted to make sure i had no other option before giving up and just getting rid of my ram :/

Well, the problem id just that: different timings.
Therefore all 4 sticks default to common specifications, which in your case is the slowest

Solution