[SOLVED] Ram with different Speed & Latency

Aug 21, 2020
Hi,

I have Asus B150M Pro Motherboard, which supports up to 2133mhz, I have a crucial 8 Gb Ram with 2133mhz, since i wanted to upgrade my Ram, I didnt find the Ram with same mhz and latency currently.Even if available where more expensive than latest rams. I have Ordered for Corsair 16gb, 2400mhz Ram, since thats the only closest i could buy.Can you please help is it ok to use the Ram, or should i remove the existing Ram to use it, or Can i use both Rams simultaneously,i dont mind lower speed and downlclocking of Ram2133, my only concern is will system and mobo be stable, will there by any issues. with anyother components,

Thanks

Solution
Remove ALL the old, put in new.

You don't replace a car engine piston with another one with a bigger/smaller one. You're just asking for more headache later.

Unless you like "): BSOD" and brick your entire machine then never ever mix RAMs, even if they have the same brand and series.

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Remove ALL the old, put in new.

You don't replace a car engine piston with another one with a bigger/smaller one. You're just asking for more headache later.

Unless you like "): BSOD" and brick your entire machine then never ever mix RAMs, even if they have the same brand and series.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS