[SOLVED] RAM won't run at 4266MHz rated speed

Shpeckledorf

Honorable
Apr 8, 2016
Hey everyone,

I recently went overboard and spent a few grand on PC parts, because why not? I bought an i9-9900KF, 32GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX 4266 RAM, and a Zotac 2080TI AMP MAXX among other things. Everything is GREAT! Except, I can only run my ram at 3600MHz with XMP enabled. If I try to run it at 4266Mhz with XMP, none of my monitors turn on at boot, and eventually my PC restarts with a BIOS message that my computer seems to have failed to boot. Could someone help me with what is going on? I was told to buy the fastest RAM my motherboard supports if money isn't an issue and I double checked the compatibility. Thanks!

Shpeckledorf

Honorable
Apr 8, 2016
When I am off work I will try this. One thing to note, is that there were no printed timings on my memory sticks.. Just all black with Corsair Vengeance LPX or I'd set them manually. But just to reiterate, boot into windows and copy down the timings at 2666 with CPU-Z, then boot back into BIOS and make sure they are at the same timings when I run 4266, right? Just need to be sure. Thank you

Shpeckledorf

Honorable
Apr 8, 2016
Downlocked my memory to 2666 and disabled XMP. My timings through ThaiPhoon for each stick reads:

FREQUENCYCASRCDRPRASRCFAWRRDSRRDL
2132 MHz192626467247812

So, that means I should go enable my 4266Mhz memory with XMP, set my voltage to maybe 1.35, and then make sure all of these timings are correct?

Diddly

Distinguished
thanks for the specs above, did you manage to check the timings in the BIOS? If the sticks are misbehaving then RMA them. You should also check which sticks have been verified with your motherboard model. TBH do you really need RAM that fast?