Question Ram won't work above 2400MHz

Jan 11, 2022
Hello! So recently I boutght a new set of ram to put in my pc but I have a slight problem. The ram I bought is normally working at a speed of 3200MHz and is currently working at 2400Mhz but that's not really the problem,my problem is that before I bought this set of ram sticks,I had another set of ram that worked at the speed of 2666MHz and I expected for these to work at a minimum of 2666Mhz aswell and I can't change the speed from my bios. Can someone tell me why they work at that speed?

Can someone tell me why they work at that speed?
We don't know, what cpu or motherboard or ram, you're using.
If I had to guess, probably ram modules doesn't have necessary SPD table entries for 2666mhz mode and using ram at higher speed than 2400mhz, requires use of XMP.

It would be great, if you could provide us with screenshots from CPU-Z - motherboard, cpu, memory, spd sections.
(upload screenshots to imgur.com and post links)

Jan 11, 2022
We don't know, what cpu or motherboard or ram, you're using.
If I had to guess, probably ram modules doesn't have necessary SPD table entries for 2666mhz mode and using ram at higher speed than 2400mhz, requires use of XMP.

It would be great, if you could provide us with screenshots from CPU-Z - motherboard, cpu, memory, spd sections.
(upload screenshots to imgur.com and post links)
Sadly I cannot make an account on imgur.com due to the region I live in,could you tell me another website for me to post pictures on?