Rambus Convinces Nvidia to Sign License Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Rambus is just panicking since the ATI rambus video cards never materialized. They gave in and settled with Nvidia. I hope Nvidia squats on the agreement and doesn't use a single Rambus memory module. Die Rambus die !

sword of justice

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Freescale, Broadcom and now Nvidia... Finally, the global anti Rambus alliance that pillaged Rambus' IP (a.k.a Intellectual P R O P E R T Y !!!) for more then a decade, are seeing the light of Justice!!

Now that two of the fiercest Rambus antagonists and leaders of the alliance have caved (Nvidia & Broadcom), ST Micro, MediaTek, LSI and a myriad (literally dozens) of other companies that infringe Rambus DRAM controller IP will be running to Sunnyvale, asking for a Rambus license... Hynix and even Micron won't be far behind (global settlement by April)

DEVILVSANGEL00

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Rambus dug their own grave and now no one likes them mainly because of their overpriced ram back in the p4 days, this company is done exploiting people and no one wants anything to do with them, lets hope nvidia are just playing along to get rid of this law suit and rambus never make another product again that trys to exploit the market and rip off customers

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Yes I do recall the days when the original P4 architecture was contractually tied to the Rambus memory products. Intel stopped producing the P3 1 + GHZ CPU early because people would not stop buying them. Then when the P3 technology disappeared from the market AMD had a run that continued to the release of the Northwood core P4 and later the Core 2 Duo. Now just when one might assume Rambus was delegated to the dustbin of history and reduced to a mildly interesting anecdote we discover their greasy presence in the GPU industry. Incredible.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]sword of justice[/nom]Freescale, Broadcom and now Nvidia... Finally, the global anti Rambus alliance that pillaged Rambus' IP (a.k.a Intellectual P R O P E R T Y !!!) for more then a decade, are seeing the light of Justice!!Now that two of the fiercest Rambus antagonists and leaders of the alliance have caved (Nvidia & Broadcom), ST Micro, MediaTek, LSI and a myriad (literally dozens) of other companies that infringe Rambus DRAM controller IP will be running to Sunnyvale, asking for a Rambus license... Hynix and even Micron won't be far behind (global settlement by April)[/citation]
You mad??

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I would ask how come in the patent mess nvidia and others don't sue rambus over infringements, but it is impossible to sue rambus anymore for obvious reason that they don't produce anything and they don't invent anything anymore.
To pay them back, reform of patent system is needed with punishment for wasting man hours on frivolous lawsuits. Or just go with the simple suggestion that many times appears on the comments of Tom's Hardware, elimination of greedy lawyers and greedy patent trolls.

87ninefiveone

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
I hope they bring back those super awesome "continuity modules" or whatever they were called. Great idea. Why populate your slots with memory when you can just insert a blank? That's innovation.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
With the announcement recently that Rambus was dealt a defeating blow in court to put it on its last leg - WHY NVIDIA? This company was almost put out of it's misery and now companies start feeding it life support?!?! The tech world would be a much better place if this cancer just went into remission for good.

I wish the largest tech companies(Intel, Samsung, IBM, Nvidia, etc) would ban together and do a takeover, hostile if needed. Since Rambus is a publically traded company it should not be to hard to pull a takover off. They could all agree to have indefinite shared rights to all Rambus patents. Hell it would probably save them money in the long run.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Stupid nVidia, doing stupid things... again.

Didn't they tech them the basics. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Rambus cannot die fast enough. Thank intel for being part owner of that POS company.

[citation][nom]Wamphryi[/nom]Yes I do recall the days when the original P4 architecture was contractually tied to the Rambus memory products. Intel stopped producing the P3 1 + GHZ CPU early because people would not stop buying them. Then when the P3 technology disappeared from the market AMD had a run that continued to the release of the Northwood core P4 and later the Core 2 Duo. Now just when one might assume Rambus was delegated to the dustbin of history and reduced to a mildly interesting anecdote we discover their greasy presence in the GPU industry. Incredible.[/citation]
I would not quite go so far as to say that Rambus was the ONLY bad call by Intel that gave AMD the lead for so long, but it deffinately was the beginning of several bad calls. Rambus consistantly over promises, under performs, overheats, and costs too much when the product becomes popular. They need to die or change their business practices if they ever want to really succeed.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]I would ask how come in the patent mess nvidia and others don't sue rambus over infringements, but it is impossible to sue rambus anymore for obvious reason that they don't produce anything and they don't invent anything anymore.[/citation]
reminds me apple. they put an apple on a random today's or past product, patent it, and call it revolutionary, then sue everyone. instant profit. 0% invention 0%production 100% marketing 99999999% profit + 9999999999% from patent trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.